Texas Heeler Temperament
Thinking to adopt a Texas Heeler Dog and want to know about Texas Heeler's temperament or characteristics?
There are several reasons why you will love the Texas Heeler Dogs as they are known for their Obedient, Stubborn, temperament.
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Recognizing why a breed was created, and the country and climate it initially came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and temperament.
Some breeds require much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also take time to cultivate: the boxer's spirited and extrovert nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of particular breeds could be very hard work in the early weeks but can make wonderful adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
Texas Heeler Information
Texas Heelers are medium-sized dogs that generally weigh between 25 - 50 pounds (11–23 kg). Their coats can vary in texture from short and smooth to medium length and color including black, blue merle or blue ticked with white and / or tan trim. They usually have smooth or medium length coats (1 to 3 inches). Texas Heelers are generally prick eared, but their ears may also fold over. They usually stand between 17-22 inches (43–61 cm) tall. Most have bobtails, but they can have long tails.
What to do if you lose your Texas Heeler
If your Texas Heeler Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Texas Heeler
If you find a Texas Heeler Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.