Popular Tornjak Names
Thinking to get a Tornjak Dog and wondering what is the most popular names for Tornjak Dogs?
Whether your next Tornjak is a girl or boy, find the list of top 10 Tornjak Dog names here.
Choosing a name for your dog requires a little luck and inspiration and a lot of thought. After all, this is a word you will be saying frequently for years to come.
Can you guess the most popular Tornjak dog names? Some of them might surprise you. Choosing the best dog name, like choosing the perfect dog sitter, is a task that pet parents take seriously.
Luckily, we have rounded up some great options for you. From Allie to Zoey and everything in between, we dug into our database to discover the top Tornjak breed dog names and trends.
The perfect name for your Tornjak dog is out there!
Top 10 Male Tornjak Dog Names
Top 10 Female Tornjak Dog Names
Tornjak has a calm temperament. A typical adult Tornjak is very calm, peaceful, at first sight an indifferent animal, but when the situation demands it, it is a vigilant and very alert watchdog. The character is equal to the temperament; they are not nervous nor aggressive. In general, they are very tough, not too demanding, sturdy dogs. With their human family they are very emotional. When living in a pack they are highly social animals and there isn't any fighting between the pack members. Towards strangers or other animals, as a rule, Tornjak is not overly aggressive. But when the situation calls upon it, Tornjak is quite decisive and it can without any consideration attack even much stronger rivals. Shepherds used to say that a Tornjak who guards the flock is a fair match to two wolves, and a couple will confront and chase away a bear without any undue respect. In these situations Tornjaks are very tenacious.
What to do if you lose your Tornjak
If your Tornjak Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Tornjak
If you find a Tornjak Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.