Are Vizslas Intelligent Dogs?
Looking to get a Vizsla and want and wondering whether Vizsla is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Vizsla Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Vizsla intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #25
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a smart pet dog is just potential without a person willing to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's intelligence. Dogs are about as clever as the normal two-year-old, but there is a series of intelligence across several breeds.|Intelligence in dog breeds can refer to many qualities. Some dog breeds are much easier to train and listen well to demands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Get one of these breeds if you want an intelligent friend:
1. Border Collie is one of the world's smartest and most famous dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's much-loved dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a smart, trainable and friendly mate.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a loyal, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering dedication to its owners, whom they will protect at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very intelligent, but they're also honored, active dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most in demand dog breed because they're brave, confident, and clever. They are exceptional all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Bred to be a close-working gun dog, the vizsla has the energy to range all day. It is a true hunter at heart, a talented pointer and always on the lookout for bird scent. It can become frustrated and destructive if not given adequate exercise. Most can be stubborn, some can be timid and others can be overly excitable. It is gentle, affectionate and sensitive, and can be protective. The vizsla makes a good companion for an active owner who spends a lot of time outdoors.
What to do if you lose your Vizsla
If your Vizsla Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Vizsla
If you find a Vizsla Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.