Are Weimaraners Intelligent Dogs?
Considering to adopt a Weimaraner and need to know whether Weimaraner is an intelligent dog breed?
According to dog experts, Weimaraner Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Weimaraner intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #21
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a clever pet dog is just potential without a person willing to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's intelligence. Dogs are about as smart as the average two-year-old, but there is a range of intelligence across various breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many features. Some dog breeds are much easier to train and listen well to demands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Here is a list of the 5 smartest dog breeds. Is your dog one of them?
1. Border Collie is among the world's smartest and most famous dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's favourite dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, friendly and trainable buddy.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering devotion to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very intelligent, but they're also proud, active dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most sought-after dog breed because they're brave, confident, and smart. They are outstanding all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
The Weimaraner is bold and rambunctious, sometimes too much so for small children. It loves to run and hunt and can become frustrated and destructive if kept penned up. It can be stubborn or headstrong. It functions best with an active owner who enjoys outdoor activities and wants a fun-loving companion.
What to do if you lose your Weimaraner
If your Weimaraner Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Weimaraner
If you find a Weimaraner Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.