Welsh Terrier Physical Appearance
Wanting to get a Welsh Terrier Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Welsh Terrier or what are the popular colours of a Welsh Terrier?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Welsh Terrier Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Welsh Terrier, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Welsh Terrier would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 15 inches (39 cm)
- 20-21 pounds (9-9½ kg)
Size of Welsh Terrier: The Welsh Terrier Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Welsh Terrier:
Weight of Welsh Terrier:
- Black & Tan
- Grizzle & Tan
- Black Grizzle & Tan
The Popular Colours of Welsh Terrier Dogs
Welsh Terrier Information
The Welsh, although more mild-mannered than many terriers, is still playful and mischievous enough to provide plenty of entertainment and challenges, yet it is calm enough to be a reliable house pet. It is independent, inquisitive and sensitive, reserved with strangers and possibly scrappy with other dogs and pets. It needs daily exercise in a safe area. It tends to dig and bark.
What to do if you lose your Welsh Terrier
If your Welsh Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Welsh Terrier
If you find a Welsh Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.