Are West Siberian Laikas Intelligent Dogs?
Considering to adopt a West Siberian Laika and want and wondering whether West Siberian Laika is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, West Siberian Laika Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
West Siberian Laika intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: unknown
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a smart pet dog is just potential without a person willing to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's intelligence. Dogs are about as smart as the average two-year-old, but there is a series of intelligence across different breeds.|Intelligence in dog breeds can refer to many attributes. Some dog breeds are easier to train and listen well to commands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Get one of these breeds if you want an intelligent buddy:
1. Border Collie is one of the world's smartest and most well-known dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most-liked dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, friendly and trainable companion.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a loyal, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering dedication to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also pleased, active dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most in demand dog breed because they're courageous, confident, and intelligent. They are outstanding all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
West Siberian Laika Information
Intelligent, willing to learn and easily trainable. Affectionate and loyal to his family, and friendly to strangers. The breed has a strongly developed hunting instinct and a keen sense of direction. When he finds game, he alerts the hunter by barking.
What to do if you lose your West Siberian Laika
If your West Siberian Laika Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost West Siberian Laika
If you find a West Siberian Laika Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.