Can West Siberian Laikas Be Guard Dogs?
Wanting to adopt a West Siberian Laika puppy and need to know whether a West Siberian Laika can be a good watch dog or if West Siberian Laika Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, West Siberian Laika Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best watch dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a West Siberian Laika To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog basically alarms their owner to someone approaching their home. Even though your pet dog isn't a police dog, most barking dogs will deter an intruder even if they aren't big. Most guard dogs also make terrific watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make good guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although small, the Cairn Terrier is intense. They are strong-willed, feisty little terriers that are very observant of their surroundings and will notify their owners to any novel activity in no time. Because of this, they make excellent watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a huge German guard dog breed that is deeply loyal to its family but wary of strangers. Although, they are not a great choice for amateur dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are outstanding guard dogs that will notify their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly signal their owners to any uncommon activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the inexperienced owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
West Siberian Laika Information
Intelligent, willing to learn and easily trainable. Affectionate and loyal to his family, and friendly to strangers. The breed has a strongly developed hunting instinct and a keen sense of direction. When he finds game, he alerts the hunter by barking.
What to do if you lose your West Siberian Laika
If your West Siberian Laika Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost West Siberian Laika
If you find a West Siberian Laika Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.