Considering to get a Wetterhoun Dog and want to know about Wetterhoun's temperament or characteristics?
There are many reasons why you will love the Wetterhoun Dogs as they are known for their Quiet, Reserved, Stubborn temperament.
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Understanding why a breed was created, and the country and climate it originally came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and temperament.
Some breeds require much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also require time to develop: the boxer's playful and extrovert nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of certain breeds could be very hard work in the early weeks but can make fantastic adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
This breed is an excellent gun dog, effective as both a land and water retriever, however its strong will and natural guarding abilities make early training a requirement. The breed standard describes the breed's temperament as reserved and "an ideal guard-dog". though never aggressive, which makes it an excellent family-dog. Although described as "strong willed" the Wetterhoun is never stubborn or wilfully disobedient. Perseverance is a much better term, because they finish what they started, whatever it takes. Imperturbable they finish what they think to be their task. Thereby the breed is sensitive and should never be treated or trained harshly. Brought-up and used to children, they are tolerant to children to the point where the dog should be protected against the children instead the other way around.
What to do if you lose your Wetterhoun
If your Wetterhoun Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Wetterhoun
If you find a Wetterhoun Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.