Are Whippets Intelligent Dogs?
Thinking to own a Whippet and want and wondering whether Whippet is an intelligent dog breed?
According to dog experts, Whippet Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Whippet intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #51
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a clever pet dog is just potential without a human willing to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's intelligence. Dogs are about as clever as the typical two-year-old, but there is a series of intelligence across various breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many traits. Some dog breeds are much easier to train and listen well to commands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Here is a list of the 5 smartest dog breeds. Is your canine one of them?
1. Border Collie is one of the world's smartest and most popular dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most popular dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, friendly and trainable comrade.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a loyal, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering devotion to its owners, whom they will protect at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very smart, but they're also proud, energetic dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most popular dog breed because they're brave, confident, and intelligent. They are excellent all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Perhaps the most demonstrative and obedient of the true sighthounds, the whippet makes an ideal pet for people who want a quiet house dog and absolutely devoted companion. The whippet is extremely gentle with children and can make an excellent companion for them. It is calm indoors but loves to run and play outdoors. It is extremely sensitive (both physically and mentally) and cannot take rough treatment or harsh corrections.
What to do if you lose your Whippet
If your Whippet Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Whippet
If you find a Whippet Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.