Whippet Physical Appearance
Thinking to own a Whippet Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Whippet or what are the common colours of a Whippet?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Whippet Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Whippet, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Whippet would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 19 - 22 inches (47 - 56 cm)
- Female: 18 - 21 inches (44 - 54 cm)
- 25 - 45 pounds (11 - 21 kg)
Size of Whippet: The Whippet Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Whippet:
Weight of Whippet:
The Popular Colours of Whippet Dogs
Perhaps the most demonstrative and obedient of the true sighthounds, the whippet makes an ideal pet for people who want a quiet house dog and absolutely devoted companion. The whippet is extremely gentle with children and can make an excellent companion for them. It is calm indoors but loves to run and play outdoors. It is extremely sensitive (both physically and mentally) and cannot take rough treatment or harsh corrections.
What to do if you lose your Whippet
If your Whippet Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Whippet
If you find a Whippet Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.