Are Xoloitzcuintlis Intelligent Dogs?
Wanting to adopt a Xoloitzcuintli and want and wondering whether Xoloitzcuintli is an intelligent dog breed?
According to dog experts, Xoloitzcuintli Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Xoloitzcuintli intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: unknown
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a clever dog is just potential without a human willing to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's knowledge. Dogs are about as intelligent as the normal two-year-old, but there is a range of intelligence across various breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many traits. Some dog breeds are much simpler to train and listen well to commands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Get one of these breeds if you want an intelligent companion:
1. Border Collie is just one of the world's smartest and most well-known dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's favourite dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, trainable and friendly mate.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a loyal, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering devotion to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also honored, energetic dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most sought-after dog breed because they're brave, confident, and intelligent. They are excellent all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
They make excellent companion dogs. Xolo need a consistent training regiment and clearly defined boundaries. A training class for puppies is strongly recommended. Young dogs require a substantial amount of exercise and structured playtime. Bored Xolos may entertain themselves in ways you don’t find acceptable. An ideal Xolo owner is someone looking for a dog who will be a complete companion - guardian, friend and playmate. Xolos are fine as only dogs, but also sharing a home with children or other pets.
What to do if you lose your Xoloitzcuintli
If your Xoloitzcuintli Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the local vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Xoloitzcuintli
If you find a Xoloitzcuintli Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.