Yorkshire Terrier Physical Appearance
Wanting to get a Yorkshire Terrier Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Yorkshire Terrier or what are the popular colours of a Yorkshire Terrier?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Yorkshire Terrier Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Yorkshire Terrier, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Yorkshire Terrier would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 20-23 cm (8-9 inches)
- 2-3 kg (4-7 pounds)
- Black & Gold
- Black & Tan
Size of Yorkshire Terrier: The Yorkshire Terrier Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Yorkshire Terrier:
Weight of Yorkshire Terrier:
- Blue & Gold
- Blue & Tan
The Common Colours of Yorkshire Terrier Dogs
Yorkshire Terrier Information
The Yorkshire Terrier is tolerant of older children, provided they respect its personal space. Due to its small size and bold temperament (which arises from its working origins) the Yorkshire Terrier is not recommended for young children unless carefully supervised. The Yorkshire Terrier can occasionally be a bit too brave when dealing with larger dogs, but gets along fine with cats and other household pets. Yorkies prefer life indoors, and are especially unsuited to cold climates.
What to do if you lose your Yorkshire Terrier
If your Yorkshire Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Yorkshire Terrier
If you find a Yorkshire Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.