How Much Exercise Does an Africanis Dog Need?
Considering to adopt an Africanis and need to know how much exercise does an Africanis Dog need?
According to a prominent dog association, Africanis Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that need daily exercise.
This dog requires ocassional exercise.
Top 5 Laziest Dog Breeds
They need a large backyard to run around in all day so that they can exhaust all that pent-up energy. However, there are other breeds that are on the opposite end of the spectrum. If you do not have enough time or energy to play with your dog for several hours a day, then there are specific breeds best for your lifestyle.
Here are some dog breeds that prefer napping over running.
1. Chow Chow - They have a tendency to be relatively aloof, but their independent nature means it will not mind when you leave for work in the morning. They can get over 70 pounds in weight, but they make excellent cuddle companions.
2. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - Bred primarily as a lapdog and buddy, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel shines at its original job. The breed is delicate, caring and would much prefer to be inside next to you than doing any sort of vigorous activity.
3. Basset Hound - They are very lazy dogs that are soft and loving towards their families. Although they require little bit of exercise, potential owners should be prepared for a lot of drool.
4. Shih Tzu - Shih Tzus often tend to not be specifically keen on going outdoors. Many times, they will get lots of exercise simply walking the apartment all day.
5. Boston Terrier - Their weight commonly maxes out at 25 pounds, so even if you are limited to a studio apartment, this pooch will not mind. Boston Terriers are pretty non-active. One walk a day is all you need to ensure these dogs get a good workout.
The Africanis is well disposed without being obtrusive: a friendly dog showing watchful territorial behaviour. The breed is independent and territorial, but highly trainable. They can however, become grumpy as they grow older, and may also become quite difficult when kept with other dogs in a pack.
What to do if you lose your Africanis
If your Africanis Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Africanis
If you find a Africanis Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.