How Much Exercise Does an American Staghound Dog Need?
Thinking to adopt an American Staghound and want to know how much exercise does an American Staghound Dog need?
According to a prominent dog association, American Staghound Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that require daily exercise.
This dog requires ocassional exercise.
Top 5 Laziest Dog Breeds
They need a big backyard to run around in all day so that they can exhaust all that pent-up energy. Although, there are other breeds that are on the opposite end of the spectrum. If you do not have the time or energy to play with your dog for many hours a day, then there are certain breeds perfect for your lifestyle.
Here are some dog breeds that prefer napping over running.
1. Chow Chow - They have a tendency to be fairly aloof, but their independent nature means it will not mind when you leave for work in the morning. They can get over 70 pounds in weight, but they make great cuddle partners.
2. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - Bred primarily as a lapdog and friend, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel excels at its original job. The breed is soft, affectionate and would much prefer to be inside next to you than doing any sort of vigorous activity.
3. Basset Hound - They are really lazy pet dogs that are soft and caring towards their families. Although they require little bit of exercise, potential owners should be prepared for a lot of drool.
4. Shih Tzu - Shih Tzus often tend to not be especially keen on going outdoors. Many times, they will get lots of exercise simply walking around the apartment all day.
5. Boston Terrier - Their weight usually maxes out at 25 pounds, so even if you are confined to a studio apartment, this pooch will not mind. Boston Terriers are relatively inactive. One walk a day is all you need to guarantee these dogs get a good workout.
American Staghound Information
American Staghounds are generally gentle, calm and affectionate with their family. Due to the American Staghound's hunting heritage, the breed usually does poorly as guard dogs as the American Staghound is seldom territorial.
What to do if you lose your American Staghound
If your American Staghound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost American Staghound
If you find a American Staghound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.