Are Anatolian Shepherd Dogs Good For Apartments?
Are you living in an apartment unit or flat and wanting to get a Anatolian Shepherd Dog and want to know whether a Anatolian Shepherd Dog is suitable for your apartment?
Well, Anatolian Shepherd Dog scores out of 5 in the scale of apartment friendly dogs compare to other dog breeds.
Anatolian Shepherds are not recommended for apartment life. They are relatively inactive indoors and will do best with at least a large yard. This breed is very suspicious of strangers, and it is therefore necessary to provide a secure, fenced yard.
Best 5 Apartment-Friendly Pet Dog Breeds
Personality, bark-levels and a low-energy count are all excellent characteristics to search for when on the hunt for a well-suited apartment pet dog. Below is a list of the top apartment frinedly breeds.
1. English Bulldog - Despite appearances, the English Bulldog is a cheery dog that is more than happy to spend their days snoozing on the couch. They will barely bark, and are fantastic with children in spite of their stocky build which has them weighing upwards of 22kg!
2. Pug - Love them or hate them, the humble pug is a playful and loyal dog. Pugs are a social breed, so their perfect home would include another pet dog or lots of human interaction. The pug is happy to laze about all day, making him the perfect apartment buddy.
3. Chihuahua - While the Chihuahua needs minimal exercise, making it perfect for a small home, it is very important that they receive correct training to avoid the yappy character they are known for. Weighing as little as 1kg, they are effortlessly carried around which is handy for people who travel.
4. Dachshund - Also known as the 'sausage dog', this friendly breed is extremely good with other pet dogs and children. While they can at first be somewhat difficult to train, they only need a small amount of exercise, due to their little legs!
5. Boston Terrier - Another breed great due to their size, the Boston Terrier will need a daily walk to stay pleased, but they can be terrific, affectionate breed who will remain mostly inactive while indoors.
Anatolian Shepherd Dog Information
This is a serious dog, devoted to its family and its duty as family protector. At the same time, it is laid back-and easygoing, never on the lookout for trouble. It is suspicious of strangers and is territorial. It is good with children, but it may not be playful enough to satisfy children's desires. As a serious watchdog, it tends to bark a lot when its suspicions are aroused.
What to do if you lose your Anatolian Shepherd Dog
If your Anatolian Shepherd Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Anatolian Shepherd Dog
If you find a Anatolian Shepherd Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.