Azawakh Physical Appearance
Thinking to adopt an Azawakh Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Azawakh or what are the popular colours of an Azawakh?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Azawakh Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Azawakh, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Azawakh would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 25–29 inches (64–74 cm)
- Female: 24–28 inches (60–70 cm)
- Male: 44–55 pounds (20–25 kg)
- Female: 33–44 pounds (15–20 kg)
Size of Azawakh: The Azawakh Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Azawakh:
Weight of Azawakh:
The Popular Colours of Azawakh Dogs
Relative to its native environment, the smooth-coated Azawakh hound mentally and structurally manifests his vocation as hunter, protector and companion. Quick, attentive, distant, proud and alert, he remains instinctively reserved with strangers and gentle with those he loves. Socialize well. Especially slender and elegant, his frame and muscles are visible under a dry, fine skin. The Azawakh has a natural tendency to guard. Be sure you are this dog's calm, but firm, confident and consistent pack leader. Does best with an owner who is even-tempered, displaying a natural, but gentle authority over the dog. Independent and exceptionally fast, these dogs can reach up to 37 mph (60 km/h).
What to do if you lose your Azawakh
If your Azawakh Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Azawakh
If you find a Azawakh Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.