Are Bohemian Shepherds Good For Apartments?
Are you living in an apartment unit or flat and thinking to adopt a Bohemian Shepherd and need to know whether a Bohemian Shepherd Dog is suitable for your apartment?
Well, Bohemian Shepherd scores out of 5 in the scale of apartment friendly dogs when it comes to other dog breeds.
The Bohemian Shepherd can live both inside and outside, however it needs contact with people to be happy. It is very people-oriented and will not be happy isolated from human contact.
Top 5 Apartment-Friendly Pet Dog Breeds
Personality, bark-levels and a low-energy count are all good features to search for when on the hunt for a suitable apartment canine. Below is a list of the best apartment frinedly breeds.
1. English Bulldog - In spite of appearances, the English Bulldog is a cheery dog that is more than happy to spend their days sleeping on the couch. They will barely bark, and are terrific with children in spite of their stocky build which has them weighing upwards of 22kg!
2. Pug - Love them or hate them, the humble pug is a playful and faithful dog. Pugs are a social breed, so their ideal home would include another pet or lots of human interaction. The pug is satisfied to laze about all day, making him the perfect apartment friend.
3. Chihuahua - While the Chihuahua requires minimal exercise, making it ideal for a smaller sized home, it is very vital that they receive appropriate training to avoid the yappy character they are known for. Weighing as little as 1kg, they are easily carried around which is handy for individuals who travel.
4. Dachshund - Also known as the 'sausage dog', this friendly breed is quite great with other dogs and children. While they can initially be somewhat hard to train, they only need a small amount of exercise, due to their tiny legs!
5. Boston Terrier - Another breed great due to their size, the Boston Terrier will call for a daily walk to stay happy, but they can be terrific, caring breed who will remain mostly inactive while indoors.
Bohemian Shepherd Information
This is an ideal dog for someone who is very active, this breed has lots of energy, is not aggressive, can be easily trained, and is excellent with children and other pets. Its great agility and a keen sense of smell make it a very good rescue dog, a great companion for handicapped people and an outstanding watch dog. This breed has a stable, calm and friendly temperament that allows it to be good with the owner, his family and specially with children.
What to do if you lose your Bohemian Shepherd
If your Bohemian Shepherd Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Bohemian Shepherd
If you find a Bohemian Shepherd Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.