Do Chihuahua Dogs Get Along with Other Dogs?
Looking to adopt a Chihuahua and need to know if Chihuahua Dog gets along with other dogs?
According to pet experts, Chihuahua Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that get along with other dogs.
Already have a canine? If you are seeking to add another dog to your existing brood, you'll want to get a pet dog that combines well with others.
There are pet dogs that are friendly with humans but that does not necessarily imply that they are friendly with other canines. Hence, it is vital to learn more about the breed's character and characteristics when selecting the best addition to the household.
It makes sense - if you want a number of dogs in your house (and we can't condemn you if you do!), of course, you would want them to get along.
Here are a few breeds that are known to mesh with other dogs and considered dog friendly breeds.
Top 5 Dog Friendly Breeds
2. Bernese Mountain Dog - A dog breed that is calm, sensitive, and is excellent with other household pets. They are also very good with children and strangers.
3. Golden Retriever - With their glossy golden-colored coat and their charming nature, the Golden Retriever is one of the most in demand breeds and they are very welcoming with everyone and that includes dogs, cats and other family pets.
4. Havenese - These dogs are extremely lively and loving towards well, almost everyone which does include other dogs and non-canine pets.
5. Beagle - This strong little hound dog with its passion for outdoors is pleased to be around human beings and just about everyone. It loves friendship of both humans and other dogs. When socialized early, beagles are fantastic around other non-canine pets as well.
The saucy Chihuahua has earned its place as a favored toy dog because of its intense devotion to a single person. It is reserved with strangers but good with other household dogs and pets. Some try to be protective, but they are not very effective. Some may be quite bold; others may be timid. It is often temperamental. Some bark.
What to do if you lose your Chihuahua
If your Chihuahua Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Chihuahua
If you find a Chihuahua Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.