How Much Exercise Does a Chihuahua Dog Need?
Looking to get a Chihuahua and want to know how much exercise does a Chihuahua Dog need?
According to pet experts, Chihuahua Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that need daily exercise.
Although it is tempting to carry these dainty creatures about, these are active little dogs that need a daily walk. Play can take care of a lot of their exercise needs, however, as with all breeds, play will not fulfill their primal instinct to walk. Dogs that do not get to go on daily walks are more likely to display a wide array of behavior problems, as well as neurotic issues. They will also enjoy a good romp in a safe open area off lead, such as a large, fenced-in yard.
Top 5 Laziest Dog Breeds
They need a large backyard to run all around in all day so that they can use up all that pent-up energy. Although, there are other breeds that are on the opposed end of the spectrum. If you do not have enough time or energy to play with your dog for several hours a day, then there are particular breeds best for your lifestyle.
Here are a few dog breeds that prefer napping over running.
1. Chow Chow - They often tend to be rather aloof, but their independent nature means it will not mind when you commit for work in the morning. They can get over 70 pounds in weight, but they make great cuddle buddies.
2. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - Bred predominantly as a lapdog and partner, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel shines at its original job. The breed is gentle, affectionate and would much prefer to be inside next to you than doing any sort of vigorous activity.
3. Basset Hound - They are very lazy dogs that are gentle and affectionate towards their loved ones. Although they require small exercise, potential owners should be prepared for a lot of drool.
4. Shih Tzu - Shih Tzus usually tend to not be specifically fond of going outdoors. Many times, they will get lots of exercise simply walking around the apartment all day.
5. Boston Terrier - Their weight usually maxes out at 25 pounds, so even if you are confined to a studio apartment, this pooch will not mind. Boston Terriers are quite less active. One walk a day is all you need to ensure these dogs get a good workout.
The saucy Chihuahua has earned its place as a favored toy dog because of its intense devotion to a single person. It is reserved with strangers but good with other household dogs and pets. Some try to be protective, but they are not very effective. Some may be quite bold; others may be timid. It is often temperamental. Some bark.
What to do if you lose your Chihuahua
If your Chihuahua Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Chihuahua
If you find a Chihuahua Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.