How Much Exercise Does a Chorkie Dog Need?
Wanting to get a Chorkie and need to know how much exercise does a Chorkie Dog need?
According to a prominent dog association, Chorkie Dogs score 0 out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that need daily exercise.
This dog requires ocassional exercise.
Top 5 Laziest Dog Breeds
They need a big backyard to run around in all day so that they can exhaust all that pent-up energy. Though, there are other breeds that are on the opposite end of the spectrum. If you do not have the time or energy to play with your dog for many hours a day, then there are particular breeds ideal for your way of life.
Here are a few dog breeds that prefer napping over running.
1. Chow Chow - They tend to be relatively aloof, but their independent nature means it will not mind when you leave for work in the morning. They can get over 70 pounds in weight, but they make great cuddle partners.
2. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - Bred mainly as a lapdog and friend, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel succeeds at its original job. The breed is soft, affectionate and would much prefer to be inside next to you than doing any sort of vigorous activity.
3. Basset Hound - They are really lazy pet dogs that are delicate and caring towards their loved ones. Although they require little exercise, potential owners should be prepared for a lot of drool.
4. Shih Tzu - Shih Tzus often tend to not be specifically keen on going outside. Many times, they will get plenty of exercise simply walking the apartment all day.
5. Boston Terrier - Their weight typically maxes out at 25 pounds, so even if you are limited to a studio apartment, this pooch will not mind. Boston Terriers are rather non-active. One walk a day is all you need to make sure these dogs get a good workout.
What to do if you lose your Chorkie
If your Chorkie Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Chorkie
If you find a Chorkie Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.