Do Chow Chow Dogs Get Along with Other Dogs?
Considering to own a Chow Chow and want to know if Chow Chow Dog is good with other dogs?
According to pet experts, Chow Chow Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with other dogs.
Already own a canine? If you are planning to bring in another dog to your existing family, you'll like to find a canine that combines well with others.
There are dogs that are friendly with humans but that does not necessarily imply that they are friendly with other dogs. Hence, it is essential to find out more about the breed's character and traits when selecting the ideal addition to the household.
It makes sense - if you want numerous dogs in your residence (and we can't blame you if you do!), of course, you would want them to get along.
Here are a few breeds that are known to mesh with other dogs and considered dog friendly breeds.
Top 5 Dog Friendly Breeds
2. Bernese Mountain Dog - A dog breed that is calm, delicate, and is great with other household pets. They are also incredibly good with kids and strangers.
3. Golden Retriever - With their shiny golden-colored coat and their adorable nature, the Golden Retriever is one of the most preferred breeds and they are very friendly with everyone and that includes dogs, cats and other household pets.
4. Havenese - These dogs are quite playful and loving towards well, practically everyone which does include other dogs and non-canine pets.
5. Beagle - This sturdy small hound dog with its passion for outdoors is satisfied to be around people and just about everyone. It loves companionship of both humans and other dogs. When socialized early, beagles are good around other non-canine pets too.
Chow Chow Information
Dignified, even lordly, the chow chow conducts itself with reserve. It is not very demonstrative, even with its family, and is somewhat suspicious of strangers. It is independent and stubborn. It can be aggressive toward other dogs but is generally good with other household pets. It is serious and protective, devoted to its family.
What to do if you lose your Chow Chow
If your Chow Chow Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Chow Chow
If you find a Chow Chow Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.