Do Collie Dogs Get Along with Other Dogs?
Thinking to adopt a Collie and want to know if Collie Dog gets along with other dogs?
According to pet experts, Collie Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that get along with other dogs.
Already have a dog? If you are considering to bring in an additional dog to your existing brood, you'll want to find a dog that combines well with others.
There are canines that are friendly with humans but that does not always indicate that they are friendly with other dogs. Hence, it is significant to know more about the breed's temperament and traits when picking the best addition to the family.
It makes sense - if you want several dogs in your house (and we can't condemn you if you do!), of course, you would want them to get along.
Here are a few breeds that are known to mesh with other dogs and considered dog friendly breeds.
Top 5 Dog Friendly Breeds
2. Bernese Mountain Dog - A dog breed that is calm, delicate, and is terrific with other pets. They are also remarkably good with kids and strangers.
3. Golden Retriever - With their gleaming golden-colored coat and their charming nature, the Golden Retriever is one of the most famous breeds and they are very friendly with everyone and that includes dogs, cats and other pets.
4. Havenese - These dogs are quite playful and passionate towards well, just about everyone which does include other dogs and non-canine pets.
5. Beagle - This strong little hound dog with its love for outdoors is delighted to be around humans and just about everyone. It loves companionship of both humans and other dogs. When socialized early, beagles are terrific around other non-canine pets too.
Collies are impressive dogs; friendly, highly-intelligent, proud, and beautiful. They are great at understanding human's moods and they are very fond of children, making them ideal family pets. Collies require daily exercise and human interaction to be happy. Gentle training is all that is required for a Collie to learn easily and quickly. They have historically been and continue to be beloved family companions.
What to do if you lose your Collie
If your Collie Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Collie
If you find a Collie Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.