How Much Exercise Does a Drentse Patrijshond Dog Need?
Looking to adopt a Drentse Patrijshond and want to know how much exercise does a Drentse Patrijshond Dog need?
According to pet experts, Drentse Patrijshond Dogs score 0 out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that need daily exercise.
This dog requires ocassional exercise.
Top 5 Laziest Dog Breeds
They need a large backyard to run around in all day so that they can use up all that pent-up energy. Though, there are various other breeds that are on the opposed end of the spectrum. If you do not have the time or energy to play with your pooch for several hours a day, then there are particular breeds perfect for your way of living.
Here are several dog breeds that prefer napping over running.
1. Chow Chow - They usually tend to be fairly aloof, but their independent nature means it will not mind when you commit for work in the morning. They can get over 70 pounds in weight, but they make great cuddle mates.
2. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - Bred mainly as a lapdog and friend, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel succeeds at its original job. The breed is soft, loving and would much prefer to be inside next to you than doing any sort of vigorous activity.
3. Basset Hound - They are very lazy dogs that are soft and passionate towards their families. Although they require little bit of exercise, potential owners should be prepared for a lot of drool.
4. Shih Tzu - Shih Tzus often tend to not be particularly keen on going outdoors. Many times, they will get lots of exercise simply walking around the apartment all day.
5. Boston Terrier - Their weight often maxes out at 25 pounds, so even if you are confined to a studio apartment, this pooch will not mind. Boston Terriers are fairly non-active. One walk a day is all you need to ensure these dogs get a good workout.
Drentse Patrijshond Information
Though the breed shows a strong hunting instinct in the field, and can be quite driven, these dogs tend to be more relaxed in the home than many of the hunting breeds. They are strongly attached to family members, loyal, and of sweet disposition, particularly with children.
What to do if you lose your Drentse Patrijshond
If your Drentse Patrijshond Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Drentse Patrijshond
If you find a Drentse Patrijshond Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.