How Much Exercise Does a Flat-Coated Retriever Dog Need?
Wanting to own a Flat-Coated Retriever and want to know how much exercise does a Flat-Coated Retriever Dog need?
According to pet experts, Flat-Coated Retriever Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that need daily exercise.
This active dog needs a daily walk or jog to be on its best behavior. Be sure the dog is made to heel beside or behind the person holding the lead, as instinct tells a dog the leader leads the way, and that leader needs to be the human. It especially enjoys the chance to hunt or swim. The Flat-Coated Retriever makes an excellent jogging companion.
Top 5 Laziest Dog Breeds
They need a big backyard to run around in all day so that they can exhaust all that pent-up energy. Though, there are other breeds that are on the opposite end of the spectrum. If you do not have enough time or energy to play with your doggie for many hours a day, then there are specific breeds ideal for your life-style.
Here are a few dog breeds that prefer napping over running.
1. Chow Chow - They often tend to be rather aloof, but their independent nature means it will not mind when you leave for work in the morning. They can get over 70 pounds in weight, but they make good snuggle partners.
2. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - Bred mainly as a lapdog and buddy, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel shines at its original job. The breed is soft, loving and would much prefer to be inside next to you than doing any sort of vigorous activity.
3. Basset Hound - They are very lazy pet dogs that are gentle and tender towards their families. Although they require small exercise, potential owners should be prepared for a lot of drool.
4. Shih Tzu - Shih Tzus often tend to not be especially fond of going outside. Many times, they will get lots of exercise simply walking the apartment all day.
5. Boston Terrier - Their weight normally maxes out at 25 pounds, so even if you are confined to a studio apartment, this pooch will not mind. Boston Terriers are rather inactive. One walk a day is all you need to make sure these dogs get a good workout.
Flat-Coated Retriever Information
The flat-coated retriever is a sweet, exuberant, lively dog that loves to play and retrieve. It is on the go outdoors, but quiet indoors. This breed is among the most devoted and companionable of dogs, a true family dog. It needs regular exercise to be on its best behavior, however. It is a sensitive breed and very responsive to training. Its hallmark is its wagging tail.
What to do if you lose your Flat-Coated Retriever
If your Flat-Coated Retriever Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Flat-Coated Retriever
If you find a Flat-Coated Retriever Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.