Do Great Dane Dogs Get Along with Other Dogs?
Wanting to adopt a Great Dane and need to know if Great Dane Dog gets along with other dogs?
According to pet experts, Great Dane Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that get along with other dogs.
Already own a canine? If you are looking to add another dog to your existing family, you'll like to get a canine that blends well with others.
There are dogs that are friendly with humans but that does not actually indicate that they are friendly with other pet dogs. Hence, it is important to learn more about the breed's temperament and characteristics when selecting the best addition to the family.
It makes sense - if you want many dogs in your home (and we can't condemn you if you do!), of course, you would want them to hit it off.
The top 5 dog friendly breeds, we think to be the friendliest with their fellow canines are listed below.
Top 5 Dog Friendly Breeds
2. Bernese Mountain Dog - A dog breed that is calm, delicate, and is exceptional with other animals. They are also extremely good with children and strangers.
3. Golden Retriever - With their glossy golden-colored coat and their adorable nature, the Golden Retriever is one of the most preferred breeds and they are very friendly with everyone and that includes dogs, cats and other household pets.
4. Havenese - These dogs are quite playful and loving towards well, just about everyone which does include other dogs and non-canine pets.
5. Beagle - This strong little hound dog with its love for outdoors is pleased to be around humans and just about everyone. It loves friendship of both humans and other dogs. When socialized early, beagles are excellent around other non-canine pets too.
Great Dane Information
The Great Dane is gentle, loving, easygoing and sensitive. It is generally good with children (although its friendly overtures may overwhelm a small child) and usually friendly toward other dogs and pets. It is powerful but sensitive and responsive to training. It makes a pleasant, well-mannered family companion.
What to do if you lose your Great Dane
If your Great Dane Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Great Dane
If you find a Great Dane Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.