Do Kangal Dogs Like Cats?
Thinking to own a Kangal Dog and need to know if Kangal Dogs like cats or how do you introduce a Kangal Dog to a cat in the house?
For your reference, Kangal Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that likes cats.
There are canine people and there are pet cat people - yet what concerning those of us who enjoy both? Can we have a cat and a canine in our home, or are they absolutely mortal adversaries?
Rest assured, pet dogs and pet cats can become the best of good friends, or at least learn to peacefully coexist. If you already have a pet cat at home and are wanting to add a pet dog, selecting the best breed will go a long way towards a harmonious partnership.
Certain breed groups are most likely to get along with pet cats than others. As an example, the Toy Group contains breeds that are caring and sociable. They were bred to be buddies as well as lap warmers.
Members of the Sporting Group are friendly and also outward bound. These carefree dogs are delighted to make friends with any person they meet, including cats.
On the other hand, the perky Terriers were created to quest and also eliminate vermin. A fast-moving feline could cause those tough predative reactions. And the sighthounds of the Hound Group are hardwired for a chase. No feline will certainly appreciate being the target of that kind of attention.
Ultimately, members of the Herding Group have a solid need to herd anything that relocates, including their owner as well as children. Some felines could find this aggravating to endure.
Remember that these are generalizations. The majority of dog breeds can live smoothly with a feline if they are trained well and mingled as puppies.
Kangal Dog Information
The Kangal dog is calm, controlled, independent, powerful and protective. They may be aloof towards strangers, but a well-socialized Kangal Dog is friendly with visitors and especially children. They must never be shy or vicious. A well-trained Kangal is sensitive and alert to changing situations, responding to threats with judicious warnings and courageous action if necessary. They make good guardians of livestock and humans alike, but they may not be suitable for inexperienced dog owners, as the independent intelligence of the Kangal makes for a difficult pupil.
What to do if you lose your Kangal Dog
If your Kangal Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Kangal Dog
If you find a Kangal Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.