Are Karelian Bear Dogs Good For Apartments?
Are you living in an apartment unit or flat and wanting to adopt a Karelian Bear Dog and need to know whether a Karelian Bear Dog is suitable for your apartment?
Well, Karelian Bear Dog scores out of 5 in the scale of apartment friendly dogs compare to other dog breeds.
The Karelian Bear Dog is not recommended for apartment life. It should have acreage or a farm so it can run. These animals do not like to be confined. They can be kept in an outdoor kennel as long as they get plenty of chances to run.
Best 5 Apartment-Friendly Canine Breeds
Temperament, bark-levels and a low-energy count are all excellent traits to look for when on the hunt for a suitable apartment canine. Below is a list of the best apartment frinedly breeds.
1. English Bulldog - Regardless of appearances, the English Bulldog is a happy dog that is more than happy to spend their days snoozing on the couch. They will barely bark, and are fantastic with children in spite of their stocky build which has them weighing upwards of 22kg!
2. Pug - Love them or hate them, the modest pug is a lively and faithful dog. Pugs are a social breed, so their ideal home would involve another dog or lots of human interaction. The pug is content to laze about all day, making him the perfect apartment friend.
3. Chihuahua - While the Chihuahua calls for minimal exercise, making it ideal for a smaller sized home, it is very important that they receive proper training to avoid the yappy character they are known for. Weighing as little as 1kg, they are easily carried around which is handy for individuals who travel.
4. Dachshund - Also known as the 'sausage dog', this friendly breed is very good with other dogs and children. While they can initially be somewhat difficult to train, they only need a small amount of exercise, due to their small legs!
5. Boston Terrier - Another breed perfect due to their size, the Boston Terrier will need a daily walk to stay pleased, but they can be terrific, caring breed who will remain mostly inactive while indoors.
Karelian Bear Dog Information
The Karelian Bear Dog has a reserved but stable temperament and is very devoted to its master. Karelians have strong hunting instincts. They are normally aggressive with other dogs, particularly in their own territory, so they do not work well in a pack. They are fearless and self confident, and will attack bear and other large game without hesitation. Their senses, particularly the sense of smell, are very keen. They are never aggressive towards people.
What to do if you lose your Karelian Bear Dog
If your Karelian Bear Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Karelian Bear Dog
If you find a Karelian Bear Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.