How Much Exercise Does a Kuvasz Dog Need?
Considering to own a Kuvasz and want to know how much exercise does a Kuvasz Dog need?
According to pet experts, Kuvasz Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that need daily exercise.
The Kuvasz needs vigorous daily exercise. If it is not actively working as a flock guardian it needs to be taken on a daily, long brisk walk or jog.
Top 5 Laziest Dog Breeds
They need a large backyard to run around in all day so that they can exhaust all that pent-up energy. Though, there are various other breeds that are on the opposite end of the spectrum. If you do not have enough time or energy to play with your pet for many hours a day, then there are specific breeds perfect for your lifestyle.
Here are several dog breeds that prefer napping over running.
1. Chow Chow - They usually tend to be fairly aloof, but their independent nature means it will not mind when you leave for work in the morning. They can get over 70 pounds in weight, but they make terrific cuddle mates.
2. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - Bred primarily as a lapdog and buddy, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel excels at its original job. The breed is gentle, caring and would much prefer to be inside next to you than doing any sort of vigorous activity.
3. Basset Hound - They are really lazy pet dogs that are soft and loving towards their loved ones. Although they require little exercise, potential owners should be prepared for a lot of drool.
4. Shih Tzu - Shih Tzus tend to not be particularly fond of going outside. Many times, they will get lots of exercise simply walking around the apartment all day.
5. Boston Terrier - Their weight typically maxes out at 25 pounds, so even if you are constrained to a studio apartment, this pooch will not mind. Boston Terriers are pretty non-active. One walk a day is all you need to assure these dogs get a good workout.
Despite its sweet looks, the kuvasz is a tough protector, fearlessly defending its family or home. It is gentle with and protective of children in its own family, but it may misinterpret a child's rough-and-tumble games with other children as attacks on its child. It is reserved with strangers and may be aggressive toward strange dogs; however, it tends to be very gentle with other pets and livestock. It is devoted and loyal but not very demonstrative. Some can be domineering.
What to do if you lose your Kuvasz
If your Kuvasz Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Kuvasz
If you find a Kuvasz Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.