Are Picardy Spaniels Good For Apartments?
Are you living in an apartment unit or flat and wanting to adopt a Picardy Spaniel and want to know whether a Picardy Spaniel Dog is suitable for your apartment?
Well, Picardy Spaniel scores 0 out of 5 in the scale of apartment friendly dogs compare to other breeds.
This dog is not suitable for apartment living.
Top 5 Apartment-Friendly Canine Breeds
Personality, bark-levels and a low-energy count are all excellent features to look for when on the hunt for an appropriate apartment dog. Below is a list of the best apartment frinedly breeds.
1. English Bulldog - In spite of appearances, the English Bulldog is an uplifting dog that is more than happy to spend their days snoozing on the couch. They will rarely bark, and are great with children in spite of their stocky build which has them weighing upwards of 22kg!
2. Pug - Love them or hate them, the humble pug is a lively and loyal dog. Pugs are a social breed, so their perfect home would involve another pet dog or plenty of human interaction. The pug is content to laze about all day, making him the perfect apartment pal.
3. Chihuahua - While the Chihuahua needs minimal exercise, making it ideal for a smaller sized home, it is very vital that they receive appropriate training to avoid the yappy personality they are known for. Weighing as little as 1kg, they are easily carried around which is handy for people who travel.
4. Dachshund - Also known as the 'sausage dog', this friendly breed is very good with other canines and children. While they can originally be somewhat difficult to train, they only need a small amount of exercise, due to their very small legs!
5. Boston Terrier - Another breed great due to their size, the Boston Terrier will require a daily walk to stay pleased, but they can be terrific, caring breed who will remain mostly inactive while indoors.
Picardy Spaniel Information
The Picardy Spaniel is a docile breed of dog and is fond of playing with children and bonds well with their master. It is described as having a gentle sociable nature, possessing a good character and being relatively easy to train. In France, the breed is used for hunting in wooded areas for Pheasants, and in swamps for Snipes. However it can also be used for hunting ducks, hares and rabbits. The breed excels at hunting in marshes and will not hesitate to jump into water. It can also adequately serve as a retriever should it be required. The dog is content with a small amount of space and could suit life in the city, but also loves open spaces.
What to do if you lose your Picardy Spaniel
If your Picardy Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Picardy Spaniel
If you find a Picardy Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.