How Much Exercise Does a Shih Tzu Dog Need?
Thinking to get a Shih Tzu and need to know how much exercise does a Shih Tzu Dog need?
According to pet experts, Shih Tzu Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that require daily exercise.
He requires minimal exercise. Somewhat Active; Daily walks and indoor playtime will satisfy this small, short-legged companion.
Top 5 Laziest Dog Breeds
They need a large backyard to run all around in all day so that they can expend all that pent-up energy. Nevertheless, there are various other breeds that are on the reverse end of the spectrum. If you do not have enough time or energy to play with your pet for several hours a day, then there are particular breeds perfect for your lifestyle.
Here are a few dog breeds that prefer napping over running.
1. Chow Chow - They usually tend to be rather aloof, but their independent nature means it will not mind when you leave for work in the morning. They can get over 70 pounds in weight, but they make wonderful cuddle partners.
2. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - Bred predominantly as a lapdog and partner, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel shines at its original job. The breed is delicate, affectionate and would much prefer to be inside next to you than doing any sort of vigorous activity.
3. Basset Hound - They are very lazy dogs that are gentle and passionate towards their families. Although they require small exercise, potential owners should be prepared for a lot of drool.
4. Shih Tzu - Shih Tzus often tend to not be particularly keen on going outdoors. Many times, they will get lots of exercise simply walking around the apartment all day.
5. Boston Terrier - Their weight normally maxes out at 25 pounds, so even if you are limited to a studio apartment, this pooch will not mind. Boston Terriers are quite inactive. One walk a day is all you need to make sure these dogs get a good workout.
Shih Tzu Information
The spunky but sweet Shih Tzu is both a gentle lap dog and a vivacious companion. It has an upbeat attitude and loves to play and romp. It is affectionate to its family and good with children. It is surprisingly tough and does have a stubborn streak.
What to do if you lose your Shih Tzu
If your Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Shih Tzu
If you find a Shih Tzu Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.