Do Shikoku dogs Like Cats?
Wanting to adopt a Shikoku dog and want to know if Shikoku dogs get along cats or how do you introduce a Shikoku dog to a cat in the house?
For your reference, Shikoku dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with cats.
There are canine people and also there are cat individuals - but what concerning those people who love both? Can we have a cat and also a pet dog in our house, or are they genuinely mortal enemies?
Rest assured, pet dogs and felines can become the best of friends, or at least learn to peacefully coexist. If you already have a feline in your home as well as are wanting to include a canine, choosing the appropriate breed will certainly go a lengthy way towards a harmonious connection.
Specific breed groups are more probable to get along with pet cats than others. As an example, the Toy Group contains breeds that are affectionate as well as sociable. They were reproduced to be friends and also lap warmers.
Members of the Sporting Group are friendly and also outbound. These happy-go-lucky pet dogs are pleased to make buddies with anybody they meet, consisting of pet cats.
On the other hand, the perky Terriers were created to search and also eliminate vermin. A fast-moving cat might set off those spirited predatory instincts. As well as the sighthounds of the Hound Group are hardwired for a chase. No pet cat will certainly appreciate being the target of that type of interest.
Finally, members of the Herding Group have a solid wish to herd anything that relocates, including their owner and children. Some felines could find this annoying to endure.
Keep in mind that these are generalizations. Many canine breeds can live steadly with a cat if they are trained well and socialized as young puppies.
Shikoku dog Information
It is cautious and brave; a temperate dog with good judgment. The Shikoku is also very loyal and submissive to its owner; it loves to be touched and often likes to give kisses. Although, it may be slightly aloof with strangers. This breed needs socialization early to avoid becoming aggressive toward other dogs. Dogs that do become dog aggressive need a competent owner/trainer who knows how to communicate to the dog that this is unacceptable behavior. Shikokus can get along with children if they are raised properly and vice-versa. They have a high prey drive and therefore may not be for everyone; should not be trusted with non-canine pets such as guinea pigs and hamsters.
What to do if you lose your Shikoku dog
If your Shikoku dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Shikoku dog
If you find a Shikoku dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.