Do Sloughi Dogs Get Along with Other Dogs?
Thinking to get a Sloughi and want to know if Sloughi Dog is good with other dogs?
According to pet experts, Sloughi Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with other dogs.
Already own a canine? If you are wishing to bring in an additional dog to your existing family, you'll want to find a canine that mixes well with others.
There are canines that are friendly with people but that does not always indicate that they are friendly with other pet dogs. Hence, it is crucial to learn more about the breed's character and traits when choosing the best addition to the family.
It makes sense - if you want multiple dogs in your residence (and we can't blame you if you do!), of course, you would want them to harmonize.
Here are a few breeds that are known to mesh with other dogs and considered dog friendly breeds.
Top 5 Dog Friendly Breeds
2. Bernese Mountain Dog - A dog breed that is calm, delicate, and is very good with other household pets. They are also incredibly good with young children and strangers.
3. Golden Retriever - With their shiny golden-colored coat and their adorable nature, the Golden Retriever is one of the most in demand breeds and they are very friendly with everyone and that includes dogs, cats and other animals.
4. Havenese - These dogs are really playful and loving towards well, nearly everyone which does include other dogs and non-canine pets.
5. Beagle - This sturdy little hound dog with its passion for outdoors is satisfied to be around human beings and just about everyone. It loves comradeship of both humans and other dogs. When socialized early, beagles are wonderful around other non-canine pets as well.
The Sloughi is an intelligent and very driven hunter which chases on sight what it considers moving prey, but also relies on olfactory and acoustic cues in the chase. In Africa the Sloughi is a working dog, primarily used for hunting. The Sloughi is typically loyal, playful and affectionate with family and cautious and watchful with strangers. The Sloughi does not respond well to harsh training, but benefits from a firm, consistent, fair and praising hand. (Faults: Sharpness or excessive shyness.)
What to do if you lose your Sloughi
If your Sloughi Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Sloughi
If you find a Sloughi Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.