Are Slovensky Cuvacs Good For Apartments?
Are you living in an apartment unit or flat and considering to get a Slovensky Cuvac and want to know whether a Slovensky Cuvac Dog is suitable for your apartment?
Well, Slovensky Cuvac scores out of 5 in the scale of apartment friendly dogs compare to other breeds.
The Slovensky Cuvac is not recommended for apartment life. These dogs will do best on a farm or a ranch. They are fairly active indoors and do best with at least a large yard. They do best in a large family with children, a lot of space and livestock to care for.
Best 5 Apartment-Friendly Pet Dog Breeds
Temperament, bark-levels and a low-energy count are all good traits to search for when on the hunt for an appropriate apartment dog. Below is a list of the top apartment frinedly breeds.
1. English Bulldog - Regardless of appearances, the English Bulldog is a cheerful dog that is more than happy to spend their days sleeping on the couch. They will barely bark, and are fantastic with children in spite of their stocky build which has them weighing upwards of 22kg!
2. Pug - Love them or hate them, the modest pug is a spirited and faithful dog. Pugs are a social breed, so their ideal home would involve another dog or plenty of human interaction. The pug is satisfied to laze about all day, making him the perfect apartment buddy.
3. Chihuahua - While the Chihuahua needs minimal exercise, making it ideal for a smaller sized home, it is very essential that they receive appropriate training to avoid the yappy personality they are known for. Weighing as little as 1kg, they are effortlessly carried around which is handy for people who travel.
4. Dachshund - Also known as the 'sausage dog', this friendly breed is quite good with other pet dogs and children. While they can initially be somewhat tough to train, they only need a small amount of exercise, due to their little legs!
5. Boston Terrier - Another breed great due to their size, the Boston Terrier will call for a daily walk to stay pleased, but they can be fantastic, affectionate breed who will remain mostly inactive while indoors.
Slovensky Cuvac Information
The dog is known for its hardy constitution, sturdy frame and shaggy white coat. Its frame is massive, and his temperament is naturally lively, watchful, undaunted and alert. These dogs thrive best in an environment of a large family, children and livestock to care for. Farms and ranches make the best homes. These dogs are natural guard dogs. They are gentle and loyal with their family and possessions.
What to do if you lose your Slovensky Cuvac
If your Slovensky Cuvac Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Slovensky Cuvac
If you find a Slovensky Cuvac Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.