West Highland White Terrier Dog Breed
Thinking of getting a West Highland White Terrier Dog and want to know if a West Highland White Terrier is suitable for your household?
Use the West Highland White Terrier information on this website to learn more about adaptability, health issues, life span of West Highland White Terrier and more.
West Highland White Terrier Facts
- Name: West Highland White Terrier
- Other Names: Poltalloch Terrier, Roseneath Terrier, White Roseneath Terrier, Westie (or Westy)
- Origin: United Kingdom
- Breed Group: Terrier (AKC:1908)(UKC)
- Breed Type: Purebred
West Highland White Terrier's Characteristics
West Highland White Terrier Information
The busy Westie is happy, curious and always in the thick of things. It is affectionate and demanding, one of the friendliest terriers. It is not friendly, however, toward small animals. It enjoys a daily romp in a safe area or a walk on lead, as well as playtime at home. It is independent and somewhat stubborn. It barks and digs.
What to do if you lose your West Highland White Terrier
If your West Highland White Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost West Highland White Terrier
If you find a West Highland White Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.