West Highland White Terrier Temperament
Looking to get a West Highland White Terrier Dog and want to know about West Highland White Terrier's temperament or characteristics?
There are lots of reasons why you will love the West Highland White Terrier Dogs as they are known for their Affectionate, Alert, Courageous temperament.
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Understanding why a breed was created, and the country and climate it initially came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and personality.
Some breeds require much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also take some time to develop: the boxer's extrovert and playful nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of particular breeds can be very hard work in the early weeks but can make wonderful adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
West Highland White Terrier Information
The busy Westie is happy, curious and always in the thick of things. It is affectionate and demanding, one of the friendliest terriers. It is not friendly, however, toward small animals. It enjoys a daily romp in a safe area or a walk on lead, as well as playtime at home. It is independent and somewhat stubborn. It barks and digs.
What to do if you lose your West Highland White Terrier
If your West Highland White Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost West Highland White Terrier
If you find a West Highland White Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.