Are Alaskan Malamute Good With Kids?
Considering to get an Alaskan Malamute and want to know if an Alaskan Malamute Dog is safe with babies?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Alaskan Malamute Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with children.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in a variety of scenarios how a canine becomes more caring and defensive about the infant or the child than the household members.
You can choose good family dogs based on three large things:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For instance, a calmer dog has the ability to develop strong bonds and be a terrific companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be considered in regard to temperament and energy level. Some bigger dogs tend to be docile, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of preference for your family. Be realistic about the life-style you can present to a dog that needs more exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his excess energy can lead to behavior troubles.
Top 10 Children Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Alaskan Malamute Information
The Alaskan malamute is powerful, independent, strong-willed and fun-loving. Its idea of great fun is to pull a sled or cart, but it also loves to run and roam. It is family-oriented, and as long as it is given daily exercise, it is well-mannered in the home. Without proper exercise, it can become frustrated and destructive. It is friendly and sociable toward people, but it may be aggressive toward strange dogs, pets or livestock. Some can be domineering. It tends to dig and howl.
What to do if you lose your Alaskan Malamute
If your Alaskan Malamute Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Alaskan Malamute
If you find a Alaskan Malamute Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.