Are American Staffordshire Terrier Good With Kids?
Wanting to own an American Staffordshire Terrier and need to know if an American Staffordshire Terrier Dog is good with babies?
According to a highly prominent dog association, American Staffordshire Terrier Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that get along with children.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in several instances how a pet dog becomes more caring and defensive about the little one or the child than the household members.
You can choose good family dogs based on 3 major things:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You need to be looking for an agreeable temperament. For example, a calmer dog has the ability to form strong bonds and be a fantastic companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be considered relative to temperament and energy level. Some larger dogs tend to be accommodating, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your household. Be realistic about the way of life you can supply to a dog that needs more physical exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior challenges.
Top 10 Children Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
American Staffordshire Terrier Information
Typically docile and playful with its family, the American Staffordshire terrier is also generally friendly toward strangers as long as its owners are present. It is generally very good with children. It is a protective breed and can be aggressive toward other dogs — especially those that challenge it. It is stubborn, tenacious and fearless. For all of its tough persona, the most important thing in life to this breed is its owner's fond attention.
What to do if you lose your American Staffordshire Terrier
If your American Staffordshire Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost American Staffordshire Terrier
If you find a American Staffordshire Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.