Are Basset Bleu de Gascogne Good With Kids?
Thinking to own a Basset Bleu de Gascogne and want to know if a Basset Bleu de Gascogne Dog is safe with kids?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Basset Bleu de Gascogne Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that get along with kids.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in many instances how a dog becomes more caring and protecting about the little one or the child than the family members.
You can choose really good family dogs based on 3 important factors:
Temperament - This is the dog's character. You really should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For example, a calmer dog has the ability to form solid bonds and be a terrific companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be looked at in relation to temperament and energy level. Some big dogs tend to be accommodating, while some small dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your household. Be realistic about the lifestyle you can deliver to a pet dog that needs more exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his excess energy can lead to behavior complications.
Top 10 Child Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Basset Bleu de Gascogne Information
Active, agile and lively with a fine nose and strong hunting ability, excellent in a pack or on his own. Affectionate and happy.
What to do if you lose your Basset Bleu de Gascogne
If your Basset Bleu de Gascogne Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Basset Bleu de Gascogne
If you find a Basset Bleu de Gascogne Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.