Are Border Collie Good With Kids?
Thinking to own a Border Collie and want to know if a Border Collie Dog gets along with kids?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Border Collie Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that is safe with children.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in a variety of conditions how a pet dog becomes more caring and sheltering about the infant or the child than the family members.
You can choose really good family dogs based on 3 key elements:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For example, a calmer dog has the ability to develop solid bonds and be an excellent companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be examined relative to temperament and energy level. Some big dogs tend to be docile, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of preference for your household. Be reasonable about the way of life you can supply to a pet dog that needs more physical activity than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his excess energy can lead to behavior complications.
Top 10 Children Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Border Collie Information
The border collie is a bundle of mental and physical energy awaiting its chance to be unleashed on the world. Among the most intelligent and obedient of breeds, it is nonetheless a disastrous house dog if it is not given a challenging job every day. Given sufficient exercise, it is a dependable and loyal companion. It is intent on whatever it does and tends to stare, which can be unnerving to other animals. It also likes to chase other animals. It is reserved, even protective, toward strangers.
What to do if you lose your Border Collie
If your Border Collie Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Border Collie
If you find a Border Collie Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.