Are Boxer Good With Kids?
Looking to get a Boxer and need to know if a Boxer Dog is safe with babies?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Boxer Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with children.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in a variety of instances how a dog becomes more caring and sheltering about the baby or the child than the household members.
You can choose very good family dogs based on three major factors:
Temperament - This is the dog's character. You really should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For instance, a calmer dog has the ability to create solid bonds and be a fantastic companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be evaluated in regard to temperament and energy level. Some larger dogs tend to be docile, while some small dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of preference for your family. Be realistic about the way of life you can supply to a pet dog that needs more exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his excess energy can lead to behavior complications.
Top 10 Child Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
The boxer is playful, exuberant, inquisitive, attentive, demonstrative, devoted and outgoing; it is a perfect companion for an active family. It can be stubborn, but it is sensitive and responsive to commands. It may be aggressive toward strange dogs, but it is generally good with other household dogs and pets.
What to do if you lose your Boxer
If your Boxer Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Boxer
If you find a Boxer Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.