Are Collie Good With Kids?
Looking to adopt a Collie and need to know if a Collie Dog gets along with kids?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Collie Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with kids.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in various circumstances how a canine becomes more caring and defensive about the infant or the child than the family members.
You can choose really good family dogs based on 3 primary elements:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You need to be looking for an agreeable temperament. For example, a calmer dog has the ability to form solid bonds and be a great companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be examined relative to temperament and energy level. Some big dogs tend to be docile, while some small dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your household. Be realistic about the way of life you can supply to a dog that needs more exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior challenges.
Top 10 Kid Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Collies are impressive dogs; friendly, highly-intelligent, proud, and beautiful. They are great at understanding human's moods and they are very fond of children, making them ideal family pets. Collies require daily exercise and human interaction to be happy. Gentle training is all that is required for a Collie to learn easily and quickly. They have historically been and continue to be beloved family companions.
What to do if you lose your Collie
If your Collie Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Collie
If you find a Collie Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.