Are English Cocker Spaniel Good With Kids?
Considering to adopt an English Cocker Spaniel and need to know if an English Cocker Spaniel Dog is safe with children?
According to a highly prominent dog association, English Cocker Spaniel Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that is safe with children.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in many circumstances how a pet dog becomes more caring and protecting about the little one or the child than the family members.
You can choose excellent family dogs based on 3 large elements:
Temperament - This is the dog's character. You really should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For example, a calmer dog has the ability to develop solid bonds and be an excellent companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be considered relative to temperament and energy level. Some bigger dogs tend to be docile, while some small dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your household. Be reasonable about the lifestyle you can provide to a dog that needs more physical activity than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior troubles.
Top 10 Child Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
English Cocker Spaniel Information
The English Cocker Spaniel is merry, affectionate and even-tempered. They are easily-trained, are willing workers and excellent companions. They exhibit enthusiasm in the field, accompanied by an incessant action of the tail. Dogs exhibiting sluggish or hyper-active temperaments are to be faulted. They exhibit balance, both in motion and while standing. The head is especially characteristic of the breed, having a brainy appearance indicating high intelligence. The muzzle is also distinctive. The whole is always to be of primary consideration rather than any of the parts. Exaggeration of any of the parts is to be faulted.
What to do if you lose your English Cocker Spaniel
If your English Cocker Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost English Cocker Spaniel
If you find a English Cocker Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.