Are English Springer Spaniel Good With Kids?
Wanting to own an English Springer Spaniel and want to know if an English Springer Spaniel Dog is safe with children?
According to a highly prominent dog association, English Springer Spaniel Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that is safe with kids.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in various instances how a canine becomes more caring and defensive about the infant or the child than the family members.
You can choose excellent family dogs based on three significant variables:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You need to be looking for an agreeable temperament. For instance, a calmer dog has the ability to create solid bonds and be an excellent companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be evaluated relative to temperament and energy level. Some bigger dogs tend to be docile, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of preference for your family. Be reasonable about the life you can offer to a pet dog that needs more exercise routine than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior challenges.
Top 10 Kid Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
English Springer Spaniel Information
Friendly, affectionate and easily trained. These qualities are essential when being trained for the field or shown in the ring. The Springer’s long ears, soft expression and happy disposition clearly show him to be a member of the ancient family of spaniels. It is uncharacteristic for a gun dog to be aggressive towards other dogs or people, therefore aggression is unacceptable behavior. Tentativeness is to be equally penalized with allowances for young puppies.
What to do if you lose your English Springer Spaniel
If your English Springer Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost English Springer Spaniel
If you find a English Springer Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.