Are Flat-Coated Retriever Good With Kids?
Considering to own a Flat-Coated Retriever and want to know if a Flat-Coated Retriever Dog is good with children?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Flat-Coated Retriever Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that is safe with kids.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in multiple conditions how a pet dog becomes more caring and protecting about the baby or the child than the family members.
You can choose great family dogs based on 3 significant variables:
Temperament - This is the dog's character. You really should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For example, a calmer dog has the ability to develop solid bonds and be a terrific companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be considered in regard to temperament and energy level. Some big dogs tend to be accommodating, while some small dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your family. Be realistic about the life you can give to a dog that needs more physical activity than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior challenges.
Top 10 Child Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Flat-Coated Retriever Information
The flat-coated retriever is a sweet, exuberant, lively dog that loves to play and retrieve. It is on the go outdoors, but quiet indoors. This breed is among the most devoted and companionable of dogs, a true family dog. It needs regular exercise to be on its best behavior, however. It is a sensitive breed and very responsive to training. Its hallmark is its wagging tail.
What to do if you lose your Flat-Coated Retriever
If your Flat-Coated Retriever Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Flat-Coated Retriever
If you find a Flat-Coated Retriever Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.