Are German Shepherd Good With Kids?
Thinking to get a German Shepherd and need to know if a German Shepherd Dog is good with children?
According to a highly prominent dog association, German Shepherd Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that is safe with babies.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable dog breed for kids. It is also friendly toward other pets but aloof and suspicious toward strangers.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in a variety of instances how a dog becomes more caring and defensive about the infant or the child than the family members.
You can choose really good family dogs based on three significant things:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For example, a calmer dog has the ability to create strong bonds and be a terrific companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be considered in relation to temperament and energy level. Some larger dogs tend to be docile, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of preference for your household. Be reasonable about the life you can deliver to a dog that needs more physical activity than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior complications.
Top 10 Kid Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
German Shepherd Information
The German Shepherd Dog is confident and fearless, willing to be approached, yet a certain level of aloofness towards strangers is acceptable. When working, the German Shepherd is alert and eager, adapting well to new tasks. Lack of confidence is a serious defect in the character of a German Shepherd. The structure of this breed was designed for efficient locomotion, particularly at the trot, so poor movement is another serious fault.
What to do if you lose your German Shepherd
If your German Shepherd Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost German Shepherd
If you find a German Shepherd Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.