Are Golden Retriever Good With Kids?
Considering to get a Golden Retriever and need to know if a Golden Retriever Dog gets along with children?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Golden Retriever Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that is safe with babies.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in various conditions how a dog becomes more caring and sheltering about the infant or the child than the household members.
You can choose really good family dogs based on 3 key factors:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You need to be looking for an agreeable temperament. For example, a calmer dog has the ability to form strong bonds and be a fantastic companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be evaluated relative to temperament and energy level. Some large dogs tend to be docile, while some small dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your household. Be realistic about the life-style you can deliver to a pet dog that needs more physical activity than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his excess energy can lead to behavior concerns.
Top 10 Children Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Golden Retriever Information
The breed’s most readily identifiable characteristic is its rich, lustrous golden color. Another essential characteristic is proper temperament. A Golden Retriever is friendly, calm, compliant and compatible with people and other dogs. Goldens are particularly good with children. The Golden Retriever’s friendly temperament is reflected in his kindly expression. The Golden Retriever is a powerfully built dog, with a good nose for tracking, a soft mouth, and an eagerness to learn.
What to do if you lose your Golden Retriever
If your Golden Retriever Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Golden Retriever
If you find a Golden Retriever Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.