Are Great Dane Good With Kids?
Thinking to own a Great Dane and want to know if a Great Dane Dog is good with children?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Great Dane Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that get along with babies.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable dog breed for kids. It is also shy toward other pets and very friendly toward strangers.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in multiple scenarios how a pet dog becomes more caring and defensive about the baby or the child than the family members.
You can choose very good family dogs based on three large things:
Temperament - This is the dog's personality. You really should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For example, a calmer dog has the ability to develop solid bonds and be a terrific companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be examined in relation to temperament and energy level. Some big dogs tend to be accommodating, while some small dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of preference for your household. Be reasonable about the life you can provide to a pet dog that needs more physical exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior concerns.
Top 10 Kid Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Great Dane Information
The Great Dane is gentle, loving, easygoing and sensitive. It is generally good with children (although its friendly overtures may overwhelm a small child) and usually friendly toward other dogs and pets. It is powerful but sensitive and responsive to training. It makes a pleasant, well-mannered family companion.
What to do if you lose your Great Dane
If your Great Dane Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Great Dane
If you find a Great Dane Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.