Are Irish Water Spaniel Good With Kids?
Wanting to get an Irish Water Spaniel and need to know if an Irish Water Spaniel Dog is good with children?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Irish Water Spaniel Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with babies.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in several conditions how a dog becomes more caring and sheltering about the infant or the child than the household members.
You can choose good family dogs based on 3 main elements:
Temperament - This is the dog's character. You need to be looking for an agreeable temperament. For instance, a calmer dog has the ability to create solid bonds and be a terrific companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be evaluated in relation to temperament and energy level. Some larger dogs tend to be docile, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of preference for your household. Be reasonable about the life you can offer to a dog that needs more exercise routine than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior problems.
Top 10 Child Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Irish Water Spaniel Information
Like most dogs of the American Kennel Club Sporting group, the Irish Water Spaniel is essentially an active, willing and energetic companion. Because it has been bred from stock used to fetch game and return it to hand without a fuss, it has the natural instinct of wanting to please. Its keen sense of working as a team makes it a relatively easy dog to train and discipline. Because of its great intelligence and quizzical nature, it has the reputation of being the clown of the spaniel family and will do ordinary things in extraordinary ways to achieve that which is asked of it. Some individual dogs can be very wary of strangers and not every IWS can be trusted to get along with other pets. Early socialisation and training is a must.
What to do if you lose your Irish Water Spaniel
If your Irish Water Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Irish Water Spaniel
If you find a Irish Water Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.