Are Kangal Dog Good With Kids?
Wanting to get a Kangal Dog and need to know if a Kangal Dog is safe with children?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Kangal Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that get along with kids.
Good with Kids: This is a suitable breed for kids and is known to be playful, energetic, and affectionate around them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in several conditions how a canine becomes more caring and defensive about the little one or the child than the household members.
You can choose good family dogs based on 3 large variables:
Temperament - This is the dog's character. You need to be looking for an agreeable temperament. For instance, a calmer dog has the ability to create strong bonds and be a great companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be considered in relation to temperament and energy level. Some larger dogs tend to be docile, while some small dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of choice for your family. Be reasonable about the life you can provide to a pet dog that needs more physical exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior challenges.
Top 10 Kid Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Kangal Dog Information
The Kangal dog is calm, controlled, independent, powerful and protective. They may be aloof towards strangers, but a well-socialized Kangal Dog is friendly with visitors and especially children. They must never be shy or vicious. A well-trained Kangal is sensitive and alert to changing situations, responding to threats with judicious warnings and courageous action if necessary. They make good guardians of livestock and humans alike, but they may not be suitable for inexperienced dog owners, as the independent intelligence of the Kangal makes for a difficult pupil.
What to do if you lose your Kangal Dog
If your Kangal Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Kangal Dog
If you find a Kangal Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.