Are Karelian Bear Dog Good With Kids?
Wanting to own a Karelian Bear Dog and need to know if a Karelian Bear Dog is safe with children?
According to a highly prominent dog association, Karelian Bear Dogs scores out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that are good with babies.
Not Good with Kids: In isolation, this dog breed might not be the best option for kids. However, to mitigate the risks, have the puppy grow up with kids and provide it with plenty of pleasant and relaxed experiences with them.
Child Friendly Dogs
It is seen in various circumstances how a pet dog becomes more caring and defensive about the baby or the child than the family members.
You can choose very good family dogs based on 3 major things:
Temperament - This is the dog's character. You really should be looking for an agreeable temperament. For instance, a calmer dog has the ability to develop strong bonds and be a great companion for your kids.
Size - Size should be considered in regard to temperament and energy level. Some bigger dogs tend to be docile, while some smaller dogs can be excitable.
Energy level - This is a matter of preference for your family. Be reasonable about the lifestyle you can supply to a dog that needs more physical exercise than average. If you can't meet a dog's needs, his extra energy can lead to behavior concerns.
Top 10 Children Friendly Dog Breeds
3. Bull Terrier
4. Bichon Frise
7. Labrador Retriever
8. Golden Retriever
10. Basset Hound
Karelian Bear Dog Information
The Karelian Bear Dog has a reserved but stable temperament and is very devoted to its master. Karelians have strong hunting instincts. They are normally aggressive with other dogs, particularly in their own territory, so they do not work well in a pack. They are fearless and self confident, and will attack bear and other large game without hesitation. Their senses, particularly the sense of smell, are very keen. They are never aggressive towards people.
What to do if you lose your Karelian Bear Dog
If your Karelian Bear Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Karelian Bear Dog
If you find a Karelian Bear Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.